In an effort to increase the accessibility and utilization of basic health services at an affordable cost to the villagers, in particular the poorest of the poor, GK has introduced a social health insurance scheme that covers most villagers’ basic health costs.
Community Based Health Insurance System (CBHIS)
- A story of continued struggle for better health for the poor.
- GK is pioneer in CBHIS in Bangladesh.
- In 1973 GK started with a flat rate service charge for treatment.
- In this system rich people gets maximum benefit.
Level of services:
- Primary Health Care.
- Secondary Health Care.
- Tertiary Health Care
Service providing strategy:
- Service provided by inclusive door to door visit
- Through medical camp
- Through primary health care center
- Through secondary level health care center
- Through tertiary level health care center